• SECTION 1: Lakeville North scored both goals in the second half, defeating Farmington 2-0 and thereby assuring a seventh straight season that a Lakeville school would be represented at the state tournament.
• SECTION 2: In a barn burner that went down to a shootout, Eden Prairie outlasted Edina 1-0. Last time Eden Prairie was in the state tournament -- 2010 -- the Eagles were crowned champions.
• SECTION 4: White Bear Lake scored the lone goal of the game in the second half, downing Stillwater 1-0 on the strength of a Madison Scheer goal.
• SECTION 5: Centennial, propelled by a pair of goals apiece from Jenna Roering and Ferrol Rome, downed Irondale 6-0. The shutout victory was Goalkeeper Morgan Wirz’ second-straight, as Centennial clinched a state berth for the second consecutive year.
• SECTION 6: Kylie Schwarz had three goals as Wayzata cruised past Hopkins 7-1 to secure their fifth-consecutive state trip (including two titles).
• SECTION 8: St. Michael-Albertville tallied a single goal in a shootout to sneak past Anoka 1-0.
• SECTION 3: Blake defeated De La Salle 2-0, keeping alive the dream of defending last year’s state title. This marks four straight season’s Blake has qualified for the state tournament.
• SECTION 6: Benilde-St. Margaret’s defeated Orono 3-1, thanks in large part to two goals from Kelly Pannek, to earn a trip to the state tournament. BSM was the state runner-up in Class 1A in 2011, and will make its third-straight tournament appearance this year.
• SECTION 1: Regulation time wasn’t long enough to determine a winner, as Owatonna defeated Northfield 3-2 in double-overtime.
• SECTION 2: Ryan Fitch scored a pair of second-half goals as Jefferson beat Kennedy 3-1 in a Bloomington battle. Jefferson returns to state after not qualifying for the tournament in 2011, the first time the Jaguars had missed since 2007.
• SECTION 4: Stillwater romped to a 6-0 victory over East Ridge, powered by the legs of Sam Rasmussen (two goals) and Patrick Roth (four assists). Stillwater last qualified for the state tournament in 2010, and before that in each even year back to 2006.
• SECTION 5: Champlin Park defeated Mounds View 1-0.
• SECTION 6: Oscar Campbell's first-half goal proved to be all Minneapolis South would need in defeating St. Louis Park, but for good measure Negawo Ansha chipped in one in the second half to bring the final score to 2-0. South enters the tournament having suffered only a single loss all season.
• SECTION 7: Blaine defeated Coon Rapids 6-2.
• SECTION 8: Moorhead beat Anoka 1-0 in a shootout, ending a seven-year state tournament drought for the Spuds. Carl Walker scored the lone goal in the contest, as Moorhead avenged Anoka’s 2-0 season-ending defeat from last season.
• SECTION 3: St. Paul Academy needed a shootout to prevail, but eventually took home the section crown 2-1. This is the third-straight state appearance for SPA, who finished fourth at state in the past two trips.
• SECTION 6: Waconia toppled Breck in a double-overtime thriller 1-0 to garner a state tournament appearance.